Is it possible to make an inspection of your roof on your own? Yes it’s possible. But the credibility of the inspection may vary. With the advancement of various commercial roofing companies, the charges for an inspection have picked a new route. Self-Inspection is a good idea. This will save money while making sure you have successfully inspected your roofs for future repair or replacement. In case of self-Inspection, there are certain factors that you must pay attention to make sure your inspection is credible enough.
Professional inspection of your commercial roof is always a better idea, but when you can inspect on your own by following certain steps, it sounds better. If you are in OKC, you can contact a professional commercial roofing company for an inspection of your commercial roofs.
Steps to follow during a self-Inspection
- Observation is important. To make sure nothing is missed out, you have to observe your roofs several times. Make sure you have checked the skylight, decking and possible erosion. A perfect self-Inspection lies in a good observation.
- Always pay attention to small problems before they get bigger. After each serious weather event, inspect your roof and find out minor damages (if any). Make sure you remove the debris, and unclog the drains.
- The most important task of self-Inspection of roofs is to make sure there is no visible sign of water infiltration. To ensure there is no water infiltration inspect take a good look at your walls, ceiling and masonry.
- Do not mix inspection with repairing. Do not try to repair your roof on your own. Inspection is entirely different from repairing. After the inspection if you think your roofs need to be repaired, contact a professional roofing service to have your roofs repaired.
- It is important to follow all the necessary steps. If you think your inspection is not up to the mark, you can try it again and find out the missing gaps to make sure your inspection is worth an evaluation.
- Last but not least, contact a professional roofing service. Since inspection is very important for your roof, do not waste time with some creepy information gathering. It is always a better idea to look for a professional roofing inspection. A professional roof inspection is valid and credible, on the basis of which your roofs will be repaired soon after. While you are in OKC and don’t know how to make a self-Inspection of your commercial roofs, don’t push yourself for that. Contact a commercial roofing service.
Whether it is residential or commercial roofing, at Preferred Roofing, we will cover both. If you need an inspection of your roof, we are always ready. We will make sure our valid inspection will help your roof to stay strong for the next upcoming years. Call us now to book an inspection.