Have you have storm damage to your property? If that’s the case, you’re probably attempting to figure out what to do next. While some homeowners may try to fix the damage themselves or make temporary repairs to avoid roof replacement, the best option is contacting a professional roof repair company as soon as possible. This will enable you to learn more about the roof condition and determine if you need a new roof or just a few shingles replaced.
When it comes to storm damage, Preferred Roofing is the best option.
If you’ve decided that a roof repair is the best option for your home after storm damage, look no further than Preferred Roofing’s professional roof repair experts. We are a family-owned and operated roofing company that knows the damage that storms may cause to your property. Our team will use a Haag-certified specialist to assess your home and our authorized tradesmen to make the repairs.
What are the signs of roof damage?
Thunderstorms, hailstorms, tornadoes, and hurricanes can rip shingles from your roof and cause tree limbs to slam into it. To inspect your roof for storm damage, follow these steps:
- Look for water damage or leaks in your attic. If you notice any water stains on your walls or ceiling, you’ll need to get your roof repaired or replaced.
- From the ground, look for storm damage signs. Inspect for missing shingles or metal fascia, as well as any metal parts that have been dislodged from around your chimney. Examine the state of the exhaust pipes, exterior edges, and angles where the roof meets the walls as well.
- If a tree falls on your roof, you’ll obviously notice. If this is the case, you should leave your home until an expert can assess whether any structural damage has occurred. If your property has structural damage, you’ll need more than roof repairs, so choose a general contractor or a roofer with a general contractor’s license.
- If the storm has produced hail, inspect the roof and siding for damage. Hail damage is most typically seen as dimples, which are caused by tiny hail fragments pounding the shingles’ outer layer.
- Search for gaps in between the pattern or exposed roof parts. Shingles may also be seen on the ground near your house.
- Look for curled, buckling, dented, or cracked shingles on your roof.
- The accumulation of loose asphalt granules in gutters and downspouts.
It’s now time to call a few reputable contractors for roof repair. They’ll estimate the cost of repair or roof replacement and provide free project bids, which you can give to your claims adjuster at your appointment. Because most contractors have dealt with storm-damaged homes before, it’s a good idea to have yours present to ensure a fair assessment. For such problems call Preferred Roofing in OKC.